From Tablet Magazine, by Marat Grinberg The show’s schlocky entertainment quality does not detract from its Hebrew weightiness—historical, moral, and religious. Its wild mishmash of Jewish lore, the Holocaust, and Israeliness is a testament to the vibrancy of contemporary Israeli culture that looks both outward and inward, as the best...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Born on April 9: Avery Schreiber
- Born on April 8: Patricia Arquette
- A label’s worth, aka thoughts on “Lesbian Passover” (USA, 2011, 12 min)
- Chag Sameach Pesach! – Boldog Pészahot!
- Born on April 7: Alan J. Pakula, director of Sophie’s Choice
- Born on April 6: Paul Rudd, aka the Ant-Man
- 10 films available on VOD from IsraeliFilms
- Born on April 5: Melvyn Douglas, aka Greta Garbo’s love interest in Ninotchka
- Born on April 4: Natasha Lyonne from Russian Doll
- The unbroken vessels, aka thoughts on “All Done and Dusted” (USA, 2010, 3 min)